“Rich girls don’t kiss on dares,” I manage.
“Too much to lose.” Which is too close to the truth.
He huffs a mirthless laugh. “Sounds like asshole father propaganda to me. Does the Coalition know what he made you?”
“They do now. I’m being reclassified as we speak. Rich girl dissident. Plays with fire. Her wingman plays with knives.” I risk a flirty look back.
He catches my gaze on his slender body and a knowing grin curves his lips. “Maybe her wingman likes playing with her fire, too.”
There you go – a snippet from Incandesce!
If you’d like to read or know more:
- For a longer excerpt [beginning “There’s a city under Haven. Steel skeletons of buildings soar there in jagged spikes: the ruins of a magnificent underground metropolis…”], click here.
- For another longer excerpt [beginning “Let me tell you part of my story: He’s walking beside me through a fiberglass forest of snowy grass…”], click here.
- For a fuller description of the book, check here.
- To get all of Cascade’s story on your favorite retailer, go here!
- Sign up to my newsletter here if you’re interested…
Previous teasers (when it used to be called I, Ruin!)