“If you’re pathetic, then what am I, since I want you more than I want tomorrow?”
I try for a failed sneer. “A worthless comparison. You think survival is overrated.”
“Then let’s try again.” He rubs his thumbs over my pulse, easing ever closer. “What does it say about me that I want you more than vengeance?”
“Irrelevant. You can get that and still have me.”
“Not good enough? Then what about this.” He murmurs the next words right up against my lips, like a secret he can’t even admit to himself: “I want you more than I ever wanted to be adopted.”
That’s today’s teaser from Incandesce!
Want to know more about it?
- For a longer excerpt [beginning “There’s a city under Haven. Steel skeletons of buildings soar there in jagged spikes: the ruins of a magnificent underground metropolis…”], click here.
- For another longer excerpt [beginning “Let me tell you part of my story: He’s walking beside me through a fiberglass forest of snowy grass…”], click here.
- For a fuller description of the book, check here.
- To get all of Cascade’s story on your favorite retailer, go here!
- Sign up to my newsletter here if you’re interested…
I ruined myself to protect the innocent.
Then the mutation hit everyone in Haven, leaving me with wings of flame and another accidental victim on my conscience.
Now on the run with Lunar Adurian – scarred, bitter, always watching me – I wage an underground war against the Coalition. But Lunar challenges my every step and gets too close to the heart I cannot lose. He antagonizes the rebellion I’m supposed to command while my father refuses to let me protect the best friend I left behind. I struggle to keep my heart and stay my course, to trust my beliefs and control myself, my life, my sanity—
To hold onto anything at all when my hands are slippery with blood.
My name is Cascade Amity Andronica, and I’m a monster in the making with trauma in my heart. This is my story.
* Contains cussing and some childhood trauma
Previous memes (when it used to be called I, Ruin!)