“Okay. So what do you know? Impress me.”
“Is this a test?” I flick a challenging glance back at him as I skip up a few more steps, not annoyed at all, more amused.
He returns a smug look under dark hair. “Think of it as a pop quiz. See if you pass.”
“What do I get if I do?”
“Good marks. Maybe a gentle smirk from me.”
“‘Maybe’? I don’t perform for ‘maybe’.”
“You just want me to roll over and obey.”
His dark eyes flash up at me. “You might enjoy it.”
“I expect it.”
And there you have it, a little peep at Incandesce!
- For a longer excerpt [beginning “There’s a city under Haven. Steel skeletons of buildings soar there in jagged spikes: the ruins of a magnificent underground metropolis…”], click here.
- For another longer excerpt [beginning “Let me tell you part of my story: He’s walking beside me through a fiberglass forest of snowy grass…”], click here.
- For a fuller description of the book, check here.
- To get all of Cascade’s story on your favorite retailer, go here!
- Sign up to my newsletter here if you’re interested…
Before the mutation, I already knew how to kill. I didn’t deserve to be loved.
I ruined myself to protect the innocent.
Then the mutation hit everyone in Haven, leaving me with wings of flame and another accidental victim on my conscience.
Now on the run with Lunar Adurian – scarred, bitter, always watching me – I wage an underground war against the Coalition. But Lunar challenges my every step and gets too close to the heart I cannot lose. He antagonizes the rebellion I’m supposed to command while my father refuses to let me protect the best friend I left behind. I struggle to keep my heart and stay my course, to trust my beliefs and control myself, my life, my sanity—
To hold onto anything at all when my hands are slippery with blood.
My name is Cascade Amity Andronica, and I’m a monster in the making with trauma in my heart. This is my story.
* Contains cussing and some childhood trauma
Previous teasers (when it used to be called I, Ruin!)
Leave a Reply